Did you know that wetlands are real nurseries for a multitude of living beings? That marshes and wetlands are the kidneys of the planet? Have you ever seen fish spawn or heard the melodious song of frogs and toads in the spring? Come and experience wildlife and introduce your students to the scientific approach while paddling on the Châteauguay River. While in a rabaska (large canoe), your group will gain greater awareness of the overall health of our watercourses.
MAIN LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
- Introduction to the scientific approach, sampling, use of basic tools
- Formulation of hypotheses, data analysis
- Discovery of ecosystems and the life cycle of various species
- Introduction to paddling techniques in a rabaska canoe and basic boating safety
- Exploration of and respect for nature
- Maximum of 4 classes at a time / minimum of 13 students
- Outdoor activity; facilities are available for lunch in the case of bad weather
- The rabaska canoe activity could be cancelled the same morning without prior notice depending on the weather
- Preparatory workbooks and feedback on the activity included!
- Free for accompanying adults